Check out the video below and learn how to get started with Arrivedo!
What composes a Neighborhood Guide?
- An Arrivedo Neighborhood Guide is a curated combination of 8 to 12 personalized routes and activity recommendations around the hotel.
- A great NG is one that is useful and of high value for hotels and their guests. Our research has shown us that it all comes to quality local recommendations and SEO-influenced writing with good photos.
More specifically, please consider:
- Neighborhood perspective. One article is one collection of recommendations or one suggested experience for guests around a particular hotel's location.
- Personalization, personalization, personalization. Craft personalized recommendations to guests to make a compelling article. The interview with the hotel is key as you will able to capture the richness and nuances of the hotel's local knowledge and personality to shape your articles. Use the Arrivedo Interview Questionnaire to help guide you through the different categories.
- Include the hotel's voice. Interviewing the hotel staff is a critical step in authentically presenting the best local gems nearby the hotel and their specific tips.
- Craft each article as an experience. Think about a day in the city, what walking tour would you recommend? If the guest has only one afternoon free on a business trip, what should he/she do? Some examples include traditional lunch choices nearby, explore art galleries and museums close by, experience the city’s graffiti walking tour, etc.
- Think of “useful” information from the traveler’s standpoint. Talk with hotel staff to understand public transportation recommendations to reach main attractions, convenient places (ATMs, supermarkets, pharmacies, etc.) and stores nearby that guests are always asking about. Each property has its own gems given their specific location. Make sure the hotels answer the fundamental question to create a Neighborhood Guide: “What do travelers ask the most about nearby places and things to do?”
- Harness the power of the specifics. In order to avoid having similar or duplicated content, focus on collecting the hotel's specific details about each place during the interview and while you research. Share concrete and engaging information that will remain original over time.
Ie.) Compare the following to sentences:
"There are six dining options, so there are always plenty of different dishes for you to try." vs. "There are six dining options, including a rooftop Italian and a poolside barbecue grill."
Generally, Arrivedo Neighborhood Guides are composed of two types of articles:
- A listicle: This is a list of things to do with recommendations of places and photos. Most of our articles currently have this format.
- A route: In this type of article, you narrate a walking, biking, or driving experience and tag noteworthy places along the way. Check out this example written for Park Villa Boutique Hostel here: Explore Portuguese Culture on Foot: From Baixa to Principe Real
💡 Check out a published Neighborhood Guide on Arrivedo: Alma Historica Boutique Hotel in Montevideo, Uruguay