Check out the video below and learn how to nail your next hotel interview!
- Break the ice. Introduce yourself and gather a bit of history about the hotel along with the staff member you are interviewing.
Ie.) What’s the area like around the hotel, what is the typical demographic of guest, how long has that staff member been working at the hotel, are they a local, etc.
- Be open to the original flow of each interview. Follow your template while also thinking about directing the questions in a way that is the most natural for you and the interviewee.
- Dig deep. To make each guide more personalized, check out the questions below and find out how to dig deeper into hotel recommendations. Some additional questions to include are:
- Why do you recommend that option?
- Can you recommend some alternatives?
- Can we go a bit deeper into that recommendation? For example, a specific plate, is there a Happy Hour? etc.
- Can you describe that location or activity a little bit further?