We have done many tests on the walk-in approach, and it has had our highest sales rates yet!
In this section, we will discuss our best tips on the walk-in approach.
You may be a little uncomfortable at first, but believe us that after you walk into 30 different hotels in three days and sell 8 of them, you will be feeling great!
Spending a day walking into hotel lobbies is also a fun, powerful way to outreach to hotels. This gives the hoteliers an understanding that we are a strong ambitious company and growing rapidly into the hotel industry and their city.
Before you are ready to just walk into any hotel, make sure you review these tips below:
- Make sure to dress the part: business, business casual, or trendy. This depends on location, what type of hotel you are walking into and what you are comfortable wearing.
- Take a tablet or laptop with you so you can easily present the platform, powerpoint, or our video.
- Front desk staff are usually very busy. But just wait patiently for the moment they are free and approach them with confidence. (Shake hands firmly, make eye contact, and be confident).
- Generally, a short pitch to the front desk introducing yourself as an Arrivedo Writer is a good start. Also, you can sell your life story writing abilities and some of your most rewarding writings.
- Once you make a small connection. Explain that Arrivedo creates mobile-friendly, digital guides with hotels personalized experiences and recommendations, ranging from themes including routes, gastronomy, nightlife, cultural activities, adventure and more.
- Now show the receptionist the website on your device, and show them a guide (your Neighborhood Guide if you have created one).
- After this, ask to speak with a manager or someone from the sales and marketing department. Be sure to explain that you would only need 5 minutes of the manager’s time.
- Once you're with the manager, share the same info and even more. You can even ask if you could show them on presentation quickly. You need to show the value of Arrivedo within 5 minutes, without losing their interest.
Did this convince them? If not, try to find out why they are not interested?
Make sure to get ahold of their email address or business card, that way you can follow up them another day. When you follow up with them, you can try to do so in a different approach catered toward what they are interested in on the day that you met.
If you did not get to meet with a Manager, make sure you get an email address or direct phone number for the General Manager or Director of Sales so that you can follow up!