Check out the video below for a breakdown of Arrivedo Neighborhood Guide content!
In terms of Neighborhood Guide requirements, please reference the following list:
1. Each Neighborhood Guide needs to have a minimum of 8-10 articles consisting of 400 words per article. The content will be created from the information collected during the hotel interview.
2. 6 of those 8 articles are “Key Articles” and must include a Welcome, Main Attraction, Main Activity, Nightlife, Restaurant and Essentials article. The other 2 articles will be chosen based on the style and budget of each hotel.
3. Welcome Article: one article must include a short description of the hotel, neighborhood, its rooms/amenities and how to get there from the airport, bus or train station. The main goal is to make travelers book hotels with quality information. The Welcome Article should include hyperlinks to at least 3 other articles within the same NG using the published URL. (This will be the last step once your articles have been revised and published one of the editorial team members).
4. Main Attraction Article: a whole article dedicated to one main attraction in the city closest to the hotel. This type of article is intended to help boost the overall SEO of the guide article easy to discover online.
Ie.) Eiffel Tower in Paris, France or Huaca Pucllana in Lima, Peru, etc.
If you are ever in doubt of what to write about for this type of article, simply type in the city name followed by "tourism" into Google to view a list of results. (Amsterdam tourism, Bali tourism, etc.
5. Main Activity Article: a whole article about the main activity in the city. This article should also contain an adjective in the title to highlight that it is indeed an activity.
Ie.) Surfing in Bali, A Romantic Getaway in Hawaii, Shopping in Milan, Visiting the Louvre Museum in Paris, etc.
6. Nightlife/Bars Article: where can guests go to grab a drink after a long day or exploring the area?
Ie.) Gastropubs, cocktail lounges, best Happy Hour options, live music venues, etc.
7. Restaurant Article: depending on the style and budget of the hotel, where can guests go to find the best dishes?
Ie.) Best places for brunch, fine dining, international, budget, etc.
8. Essentials Article: tips of essential places around the hotel useful for travelers. In this article, position the transport section at the top of the article as this information has proven to be the most useful for travelers.
Ie.) Transport options, supermarkets, banks, ATMs, drugstores, etc.
9. Think about situation-specific and time-sensitive article ideas that travelers could find useful during their stay.
Ie.) 2 Days in Istanbul, Rainy Day Activities in London, A Weekend with Family in Miami, etc.
Click the following links to read these full article examples:
One Day in Vancouver: Must-Visit Sites Around Town and Cloudy Days in Rio de Janeiro.
NG Style Guide
When it comes to creating Arrivedo Neighborhood Guides (NGs), there are several style aspects which should remain constant. Consider this document your guide of how to execute a uniform style while creating Arrivedo NGs.
Reference the Arrivedo Interview Questionnaire and shape the content for the rest of the articles considering the hotel's recommendations of other things travelers would like to do in that city or neighborhood.