Nature of Relationship
- Arrivedo Writers are independent freelancers that collaborate with Arrivedo in bringing more hotels into the platform and creating their Neighborhood Guide (NG).
- Writers are therefore hired by hotels to write their NGs.
- Arrivedo Writers should arrange a direct payment from the hotel for the creation of an NG consisting of 8-10 articles.
- Arrivedo's suggested fee is $100-400 USD.
- However, you are free to ask for the figure you consider appropriate.
- Alternatively, you can ask for free accommodation, (normally for a 3-night stay), tours, meals, etc.
Writer Outreach to Hotels
- Arrivedo will supply resources, tools, and assistance to help writers outreach to existing hotel relationships or new ones.
- The Arrivedo Writer should negotiate with the hotel a fee payment (or free accommodation) in exchange for creating their NG. Arrivedo's suggested fee is $100-400 USD. However, you are free to ask for the figure you consider appropriate. An alternative is asking for free accommodation, normally for a 3-night stay.
- The payment method should be arranged with the hotel beforehand.
- Arrivedo's Community Leaders are available to assist you in your outreach to hotels. You can contact:
Arrivedo Matching Writer with Hotels
- The Arrivedo Sales Team will continue outreaching to hotels and connecting them writers.
- When Arrivedo matches a writer with a hotel brought by Arrivedo’s team, a fee will be arranged with the hotel.
- The creation of the NG should be on the expected delivery time (10 days after the interview). Penalties apply for work not being delivered on time.
- The goal of the hotel interview is to seek out the best local experiences. In a sense, you’re a journalist interviewing hotel staff to collect the best of their local knowledge so that it can be shared with travelers.
- Arrivedo expects that you complete a thorough interview in 45 minutes to 1 hour with a hotel staff member (manager, owner, front desk staff, or a combination of these) following our guidelines to collect content to write the hotel’s NG. This interview can be waived/shortened if the hotel provides all the information in documents or via any other means.
- Our guidelines include obtaining recommendations of places and local experiences like restaurants, nightlife, things to do, shopping, useful information, routes, tours, day trips, adventure, in addition to anything else the hotel would like to recommend.
- We also like to find out about the style and budget of the guests staying at the hotel, as well as the neighborhood in order to tailor the NG to the appropriate audience.
Delivery of Work
- The NG is to be delivered with 8-10 published articles which meet Arrivedo's content requirements (see below for more information).
- The articles are made in our platform using our editor. Each article needs to include a featured tag, a short title (50 characters max), a header (3-4 lines), 3-6 places tagged along the map, text/content and a photo for each place.
- The writer also has to tag contributors for each article. In particular, including the hotel staff that provided the recommendations.
- The NG should include all the recommendations the hotel shared with the writer. If the writer wants to add their own recommendations, the hotel should approve them first.
- Regarding format, we have two types of articles:
- (1) List-type articles, which include the list of places tagged in the map each with a paragraph of text and a photo. Example: Parks and Outdoor Activities in Montevideo - Esplendor Hotel Boutique.
- (2) Route-type articles, which include more of a narrated-style text with places tagged on the map included in the text. Example: Half Day Route by the Ocean in Miraflores - Hostal Torreblanca in Lima.
Expected Timeline for Delivery & Editing Process
- The first draft of an NG should be completed a maximum of 10 days after the interview.
- For sponsored/incentive guides, a $10 per day penalty will apply for late work. Example: If the interview was done on June 15th, the last day to deliver the NG on time is June 25th. If delivered on June 26th, a $10 reduction will be applied for each day exceeding 10 days.
- In order to receive their payment from Arrivedo, writers must complete all of the Neighborhood Guide content guidelines.
- The delivery date is considered once you notify our Program Manager, Deborah Mendez (either through Slack or to email@example.com) that you’ve completed all the articles and the NG is ready for her review.
- After receiving feedback, you make the appropriate edits and we share it with the hotel once it’s in final form. If the hotel has additional feedback for the NG, then the writer makes the final edits.
- Arrivedo has the right to reassign Neighborhood Guides after 10 days if the writer does not answer Slack or email messages and the guide is incomplete.
To read the Arrivedo Terms & Conditions in full, click here.